Thursday, August 27, 2015

Overview

For me, this is my first time really diving into the Indian Culture. I'm really excited to learn about the differences and similarities that the culture might have with other ones.Also I am excited to learn about stories within a story and writing ones of my own. I am excited to learn about the prince, and Mahabhrata and all of the other resources that we have available for the course. I haven't taken any other courses about religion so this will be interesting considering my beliefs. I haven't even really listened to Indian music or seen films about it, so this is all new to me and I am anxious to get started!



http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/culture/indian-heritage-and-festivities_post_2050

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle, from this post I couldn't tell for sure just what you had read to learn about the course contents; it is REALLY Important that you look at this page so that you will be able to make a good reading choice next week:
    Overview of the Ramayana and the Mahabharata. Send me a note to let me know that you have read that page, and let me know if you have any questions as you get ready for Week 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Danielle, what a great image of the goddess Durga! When you do the image information, the idea is to have a caption to give your readers a clue about what the image is and where it comes from, rather than just the raw http. Here's how that would work for the image you included:
    The Goddess Durga. Source: Indian Heritage and Festivities
    We won't be reading about Durga in the epics, but you can learn all about her in the second half of the semester if you want to study the Indian gods and goddesses; here's something about Durga on Reserve in Bizzell:
    Tales of Durga: Tales of the Mother Goddess

    ReplyDelete