Thursday, August 27, 2015

Introduction



Introduction:
I am Danielle Myers and I am currently a senior at OU! Now when I first thought about this intro I thought about everything I could start with and then I got nothing as soon as I began to type. Kind of like how I’m doing now. I didn’t want to start out with the typical major, where you’re from, etc. I like to be a little different from time to time, so I thought I would start with what I did over break!

For the first time ever, I went to New Orleans, Louisiana! Crazy right? Considering I’ve been to other places like Texas, Colorado, Kansas, etc. It was my first time going down south and I loved every minute of it! I went to the Essence Music Festival and met and saw so many of my favorite celebs! I even met and got a picture with Kevin Hart! (which isn’t uploading on here, sad day!) But when I met him, I did everything to keep my composure but I definitely wanted to burst on the inside! Yes, he is actually really short in person. I’m not tall at all and he came to my shoulder. Weird much? But it was truly an amazing experience! I can’t wait to go again next year!
 
(Essence logo, via Google)

Okay, back to the other side of things. I am an African and African American Studies/Pre-Nuclear Medicine major. Long and confusing huh? Well, what I pray to end up doing is working as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist, wait back up, Nuclear Medicine is a fancy word for Medical Imaging, like CT scans, MRIs, etc. But I hope to do that in either, sports or in pediatrics, because who wouldn’t want to work in one of those fields? SUPER EXCITING! Long story short, I apply to this Health Science center this year and I couldn’t be more excited and a bit nervous at the same time! But I am also in about 20 hours, from here on campus to other schools as well (trying to graduate struggle) and I am an RA, so this crazy balance that I have going on will hopefully work out! Well, that is about it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! I am very glad to be in the same course. I have never been to a music festival; it sounds fabulous for me. I attended two concerts; one of them is jazz music, the other one is traditional music. I think music festival may be more free style. Is everybody is dancing outdoor? That is my imagination, haha. 20 hours will be very tough; I hope you can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard that Kevin Hart is pretty short, I guess it's definitely confirmed. Also, thanks for explaining the nuclear medicine major; I've seen the title quite a few times but never really knew what it was actually about. Working in sports would be loads of fun, especially if you were to get a job with a good organization. I don't think I could ever take 20 hours and be an RA, that's quite a workload!

    Good luck with your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 20 hours is a heavy load, Danielle... but I hope this class can fit in as a nice break from science courses you might be taking as you get ready to apply to Health Sciences Center!

    For the image, you need an actual webpage source (Google is a great search engine for images, but not a source) — there's more info here about how to do images in blog posts, image information, etc.
    Formatting Blogger blog posts

    ReplyDelete